Friday, February 18, 2005

just chat today...

I didn't want to get up this morning...it was harder than usual to get outta bed! I think it was because I took headache medicine before I went to sleep last night, and the prescription one has a muscle relaxer in it, so I was zonked out! I made it to work only about 20 minutes late, so that's not too bad! It's FRIDAY though - woo hoo!

We're supposed to go out for a co-workers 30th birthday today, but I'm not gonna go with them. I have a lunch date with a friend here in town that was planned long before this birthday lunch was...hey...where's my birthday lunch?!? So what if he's turning 30...I turned 27...that's significant....means I'm still breathing, and able to come to work! Oh well... I'm not really jealous...it's just something to write about...

I found out yesterday about a possible job change...with a law firm here...one of my classmates is a parallegal, and her opinion is that they need a 3rd one, and she was going to go talk to the attorneys about it, and suggest me...I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high, but it sounds a little more promising than some of the other avenues I've pursued...I'd have to get a whole new wardrobe if I got that job though cause I'd go from Business Casual at work to Business Professional...She also said she'd get a bonus $500 if someone she recommended got hired, and said she'd split it with me...cool...I'll help her spend it!

A funny from class Wednesday night....I was noticing in my first class that my computer was running a little slow (not too bad, but just enough I noticed it)...so in my second class I decided to download software to check for spyware etc...did a search, and found some software to download (nothing mentioned of a price, so I was thinking it was one of the free ones like my nerdy friends usually find)...it downloaded, and I ran it...it found a few things...then in running it...to "remove" the problems it found...I had to buy the program for $29.99...I canceled out of it thinking, i can wait till I get home find out what the free one was that was put on the home puter, and download that one...message popped up...saying "we don't want you to go we'll give you a special rate of 1/3 off, so now pay only $19.99" (wording not exact, but price is)...I'm still thinking...nope can get free software...clicked cancel again...and another message popped up "pay $.99 and 7.99 shipping and we'll send you a disk to install"...me thinking if it's not free, I'm not interested...so I clicked cancel AGAIN....you guessed it AGAIN another message popped up...this one "we'll let you have it for free then"...I just busted out laughing...it was so funny...it cleaned off the spy ware, and then gave me a note that I can only run it once a month since it's free...but that's ok...I've got anti-virus, and have been online for 8 months and only had I think 4 programs that shouldn't be there...I'm thinking once a month is fine! That just cracked me up...if I'd given up and paid, I'd have never known that I could have this exact same software FREE! It was too funny...and I'm not sure if my computer nerd friends read this, but if they do then they can have a laugh too...

Oh, I got another My Little Pony last night this one's orange with pink hair and a pick...I'll post a picture of it later this afternoon when I can't stand to be at work, and need a slacker break...I felt like a 4 year old with my happy meals...each time I've gotten one I can't wait to see if I got a new pony or if it's a duplicate...and then been all happy that it's been a new one (I've got 4 now for those keeping count at home)...

Ok - back to work for now...
ta ta

2 comments:

Wmike said...

Too funny! I'm surprised it didn't actually beg you... "Please don't uninstall me... I want to LIVE!!!"

Anonymous said...

This job thing sounds like a good option for you. It would get you started in the "biz", and give you lots of learning opportunities, too. But, (playing devil's advocate, here) would it be worth the job change to lose health insurance, 401K, etc? Mike has had to think about those things pretty hard when he was looking, so I'm just throwing some stuff out there. I love you, girl, and I want you to be happy!