Thursday, February 17, 2005

Simple minds....

I amuse myself...everyone knows I'm not a morning person...and in the morning when I'm getting ready, I have these moments when I just zone out...it's worse when my sweet wonderful husband has already left for work, and I'm home alone (when he's there, he talks to me so much, that I don't get much zoning time - he's a morning person)...this morning's zone out brought me back to high school days...a time I generally don't like to go back to...but this morning I got stuck on JROTC cadences...and Friday PT (exercise)...I think my brain is ready for me to find some time to get exercise in...I've been wanting to, but haven't been able to find the time in the day...I used to hate Friday PT, but this morning, I was remembering the end of my 2nd year after the seniors were gone, I was the highest ranking person in my platoon, and I got to call the exercises...I went through about 4 of the exercises before I snapped back to reality, and realized I had to finish getting ready! I don't know...I know most people weren't in ROTC, and probably don't care...but I found it rather amusing this morning!

Hey - at least I didn't start out the post with a comment on how tired I am...which I am by the way! At least it's the last school night of the week...last night was kinda funny...I didn't really wanna read for class...I was being lazy, and watching TV, and running the virus scan on my lap top, and all around avoiding homework...my sweet wonderful husband was worried about me (he said so)...he said I wsn't doing homework like I used to...then he got funny...he told me he was gonna call my brother on me...and my dad...and mom...I just found it funny like what are they gonna do, come beat me up?!? I'm old enough to know what I have to do, and when...granted part of it is that he has stuff that counts for grades all semester long...and the only grade I have is my final...and being the procrastinator that I am...I'm thinking I have plenty of time! Granted like usual I'll probably regret it around time for finals...

My co-workers are so funny...one of the guys in our group turns 30 Saturday, and they are making posters to put up...they had me go down there and come up with some funny rhyming phrases to fit the pictures his mom sent up here...(I came up with some cute ones for our directors b'day, so now I'm expected to come up with them at the drop of a hat)...I came up with one, and they are wanting another...so I'm having to think about that...one is him sitting on a barrel holding an apple, and the other picture we have to chose from is him at Kindergarten graduation with look on his face like he's thinking of trouble.../me *sitting like Pooh Bear tapping head mumbling "think....think....think"*

oh well...off to work for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you and I are on the same wavelength. I'm just not in the mood to work today. I wanna surf, and watch videos, and if I could I'd go shopping, just to see what's out there. I'm tired of sitting in this chair!