Tuesday, March 15, 2005

in class...

Ok - didn't take the time to write this morning, but hey - ya got 2 posts yesterday, so I'm keeping up!

Today was rather...dreary...the day started out pretty well at home...left for work on time and had all my junk with me when I left. It was overcast ALL day which always affects a persons mood...it's so hard to be "chipper" when it's all dreary out side...on my way to work mom called me to update me on Mamaw, which I was ok with, it was what I expected, but it was hard to hear that daddy was up last night at 2ish, and was upset. VERY understandable, but it breaks my heart. I'm thinking he's been the big brother for the last year and a half through all this, and last night the word was that in about 3 days he's losing his mom, and he was the son again. He's been SO strong through all this though, please keep him in your prayers. The hospice nurse came by last night and said mamaw will probably go into a coma today, and within 72 hrs everything will be over. They started morphine last night too, so she shouldn't be in pain at all. Mom said mamaw doesn't talk, her only sounds are the occasional groan like when they try to turn her (to prevent bed sores), but that she does open her eyes, and can nod her head yes, so questions have to be worded where she can affirmatively answer.

My friend that's currently in Nebraska working for the company I work for is in town since yesterday, but it's looking like with my school schedule and his class schedule (the class he's here for at corporate) that we won't get to see each other at all...but he'll be going to Monroe tomorrow after his class gets out, so we might get together in Monroe...depending on when we go down south. My luck we'll be going down south Saturday when he's flying out of LR, and I'll still not get to see him...who knows! It's not like we saw each other "all the time" or anything - just when I went to Monroe he was on the list of people to visit, and now he's not there...I haven't seen him since he moved the end of last year...

I can't wait till Good Friday!!! I still don't know where we are going, but I'm ready for Spring Break (which is the following week), and I'm ready for a trip somewhere "just for fun."

I did good in the class I'm in right now - paid close attention for about 75% of the class - lately for this class I've been playing Spades all through class, and not paying close attention. I paid real close attention till my mind started wandering, so I decided to write here, for the last few minutes of class. I was even mostly prepared for the class - go me! For my next class I've read the equivalent to Cliff's Notes for Court Cases for most of the class, which is more than I've been ready for the last couple of classes. It's been so hard to focus on reading for class. The down-side is that for Spring Break - I get to play catch-up during the week, but at least there won't be classes to go adding to the load. I WILL BE DONE BY FINALS! LOL! And then it's off to the west with the in-laws! I'm looking forward to the summer and having "free time" again.

Ok - need to spell check, post, and potty before next class.
Bye for now...

1 comment:

Raleigh said...

I"m so sorry to hear that about your Mamaw. Your family has been in my prayers and will continue to be in my prayers. *Hug*