Wednesday, April 20, 2005

ho hum...

I'm in class right now...juvenile law...I don't really like the class...it's not bad...it's just I've realized I couldn't practice in this field, so it's caused me to lose some interest...and the format of the class...she doesn't call on people, so there is less incentive to prepare for class...and the final is a take home, so I'm thinking it won't be too bad! So here I sit in class writing my thoughts instead of taking close notes...still taking some though.

Got a little irritated at work today...no real reason for it...not a big deal...in the month of March the lock boxes (the big accounts that I'm responsible for booking the money for and for reconciling each month)...I book the cash from a Z file, that I don't create...I just make it post to the GL...March 9th activity (to be dated the 10th) didn't get posted...simple mistake, human error, no big deal...problem arises in that the VP is looking at the CACO account, and the other half of my entry that I post is to the CACO account. So there was a $2.5 million variance that they couldn't explain, and come to find out it's my file that was missing that caused it. Not a big deal, and the way I'm doing it now, it's less likely that I'll miss a file...well my manager sent me an e-mail saying that I have to keep a check list from now on, and my supervisor came over and talked to me about it...I felt a little better after talking to my supervisor, but when I got the initial e-mail, it irked me. It's ok now, and I'm not in trouble or anything, but it was irritating at the time. I guess no harm no foul. And the check list isn't a bad idea...it just rubbed me wrong - I think it was simply a case of you can't tell tone in e-mail...ok...enough of that...

I have to schedule a time to go to watch Juvenile Court...I really want to go, but I've got to find time. I found out tonight that if I don't go, then it'll just count as an absence...that takes a little pressure off, but I do want to go watch...I think that'll be really interesting. The only problem comes in that I've got to get it done by next Wednesday.

I CAN'T WAIT TILL SUMMER!!!!! I've got 2 weeks of class, reading week, and then finals...and then I'm heading out west!!! yay! I can't wait till I can have a break from the fast paced high stress of school. 2 of my exams are take home, and 2 are in class exams...I'm only semi-worried about one of them...well...2 of them...1 of the take home exams I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do "ok" on...but the material hasn't been presented very well...and the main one I'm worried about is my Property class...I've learned most of the material...and I'm pretty sure I'll do "ok"...but knowing that the prof is probably going to lower my grade by one level (like from a B+ to a B, so not toooooo bad)...but that means if I only do boarder-line that it'll be lower than it should be....I'll just have to study my butt off...

Ok - I can't think of anything else to write right now, and I think I've rambled on long enough for now...better tune back into class....

Later...

No comments: