Tuesday, October 25, 2005

busy weeks...

I know it's been a WHILE since I posted, but life has been sooo hectic lately!...let's see...what all has happened....

The Monday after my last post I got a job offer for a promotion within my company. It comes from a different department, which I'm glad for, I was ready for a change! And as "promotion" gives away...it's got a new title (I'm a 2 instead of a 1), and a nice pay raise. YAY! I started the new job yesterday. I think I'm really going to like it! Granted part of the "like it" right now, is because it's "new."

So the 2 weeks after that I spent very busily wrapping up everything outstanding in the Cash department, so I could move to Property. So while I used to have extra time at work that I could write a blog entry, I've been too busy these past 2 weeks to stop and write.

The marriage retreat was GREAT! I wish all the married couple's I know could have gone! Maybe next year, the couples that did go, and us, can convince the others to go, cause it was fun! It was also very informative. Like I said on my comments at the end...I went into the retreat thinking my marriage was GREAT (cause I have a WONDERFUL husband), but I learned some things that we can do to make it better. Anway - if you can go next year (it's the same weekend next year), it's worth it.

This past weekend I was working on a paper...my Computer Law class is a "writing" class...the final paper has to be 20-30 pages...I thought I had more of the research done than I really did, so Saturday only got 2 1/2 pages written (after doing research all day). Spent Sunday afternoon writing and then Sunday night writing...worked till 1AMish...and crashed...had about 12 pages done.

My sweet wonderful husband had to do another sleep study Sunday night...and I turned into a big chicken! The house makes lots of noises, and when you're there alone it was creepy! I told a friend "if the boogy man attacked me, no one would know"...in an apartment neighbors are VERY close, and hear EVERYTHING. I know - I'm a big weenie! So I called a girlfriend to come over and stay when she got off work. I felt better just knowing someone else was in the house...

Tonight I'm sitting in class...been a busy week so far...I'm never at my desk at work cause I'm learning from other people at their desks...btw, for those who are looking for me on AIM, you won't find me. I'm trying to abide by the rules (for now)...and not install it on the new (to me) computer at work, so if you want to talk to me - e-mail me, and we can chat that way (when I'm at my desk). Granted eventually I'll be at my desk more...

Ok - better start paying attention again in class...well...paying closer attention...
Ta-ta for now...

No comments: