Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ramblings from the inner workings of my mind...

Ok - so I haven't posted in a little bit, but that's ok - I have a busy life. I wish I just had time to sit and blog about life...granted that would be a blog about blogging, and that would get boring...I'm just going to type what's on my mind...so good luck keeping up with me...

Right now I'm sitting in tax policy where we're discussing the philosophy of our tax system, and if it's fair, and how to make it more fair etc...it's all theoretical, so it's kinda a struggle for me...it's interesting though...

I find it so funny how Arkansans find Louisiana "traditions" etc...things I find normal...they find so neat and interesting etc. For example - I borought a king cake to work yesterday...I don't celebrate Mardi Gras, but my WHOLE life we've had king cake for mardi gras...since I'm in Arkansas these days, I have to keep in contact with my LA people to know when Mardi Gras is, and make sure I get a king cake, and expose my work people to Louisiana life... They were all in awe at the king cake, and very excited to try it...after they tried it they were very impressed...to me it's neat to see it through their eyes...cause it's basically a cinnamon role not cut up with icing and colored sugar. They all read the card that had the history and traditions...one even made a copy of the little card with that information on it....

I've learned I have a problem...I judge people based on what I see...something I need to correct. I saw someone when I was walking into work today that made me laugh almost out loud...he was about 7 feet tall...was wearing a shirt that might have been cool back in the 80's...and was wearing pants that fit his waist, but were about 6 inches too short...and black shoes - think nursing shoes...and had hair...how do I describe the hair...think my hair...crossed with my brother's wife's hair...about 6 inches long...blow dried... He walked about 10 yards in front of me all the way from the back 40 through the parking lot to the building...I mentally made fun of him the whole way...when we got to the building...he stood at the door and waited for me to get to the door, let me go in front of him, spoke politely, and even got the 2nd door...rode up on the elevator and he was super nice...I can't describe the "innocent nice" in a way that gets my point across so you just have to use your imagination...

Today when I got to school I went up to my class...sat through th first class...went to my second class...and before it started decided to go down to the 2nd floor to get something to drink, and possibly a snack...decided I should use the facilities before I went to class too, so stopped in there first - figuring the bathroom is not the sanitariest place to set down snack food and beverages while in disposed...when I walk in there's a girl in there alone...standing at the mirror drinking her pink lemonade...it was like she was sitting on the couch at home watching a movie and enjoying a beverage...thought that was weird...

I'm getting to visit with a friends parents tomorrow...I'm kinda looking forward to it...granted I'm a little worried the age difference/stage in life difference might be awkward...his dad has a job interview at the company I work for, and mom is coming up with him to see Little Rock, to try to help her get comfortable with the idea of possibly moving here. She might visit with me while he's in the interview, if she doesn't feel comfortable exploring LR alone...I only wish it were say next week...cause the first 4 business days of the month are the busiest for me. It'll all be good though...I'm praying that the dad can find a job that will be awesome and that will result in everyone saying - That was God! I've been there before...and the friend who's dad it is has too...while it can be tough going through it - it's awesome when it all falls together!

Why is it when people have a problem with someone...if it's someone they are close to...they avoid discussing it...and it becomes a bigger problem because everyone pretends there is no problem...shouldn't the friends you're the closest to be the ones you can talk to the easiest...oh the paradox...

A funny thought - the guy sitting next to me in this class works for a soda company who's main product is red...and I'm sitting here drinking a soda from a company who's main product is blue...(mainly cause that's all the school has...I prefer the red product)...I just find it funny...

so...were you able to keep up...this is just a glimpse inside what goes on in my mind....all this while discussing the theory of married filing jointly versus single and the marriage penalty and solutions, and problems with those solutions....how fun!

Granted typing this has kept me entertained through class...and we get out in 30 minutes...you have made the time go by much faster...thank you! LOL!

No comments: