Tuesday, May 16, 2006

ok...here's something to keep ya going...

Ok...so it's been a while...what can I say...I've been busy! I've been in finals...they finish up Thursday night around 9PM. WooHoo! Then it's 2 weeks till Summer starts up! LOL. I'm taking 1 class...it meets twice a week till 7:30, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm only taking it so I won't have to worry about not graduating next May because of one credit hour!

I'm sitting in "class" right now...we're supposed to have a Q&A session at 6, and I have 30 minutes. I could and probably SHOULD be reading and preparing more for my exams...but I'm tired...so you get my attention instead! Aren't you happy!? ;-)

Let's see what's gone on in the last 3 weeks...I finished up the semester (so far as classes go)...had a "reading week" aka "dead week"...Thought my first exam was on Tuesday of last week. Got to work on Monday, around 10AM my boss said he thought I was supposed to be off that day (I took off all the days that I have a final)...I checked the schedule...sure enough...yep...Final MONDAY night...begin freak out...Realizing I haven't downloaded the software to type my exam...I haven't studied NEAR enough to be 6 hours away from the exam...head home...of course traffic jam...on the way mail bills....get most of the way home...realize the bills didn't have stamps on them! By this time it's 11:30...totally freaked out at this point. When my sweet wonderful husband called at lunch (like normal)...begin flood gates...poor guy didn't know what hit him! LOL...I did get quite a bit of studying done, and either the test was really easy (and I'd prepared enough), or I bombed it because I didn't know that I didn't know something...only time will tell!

I have a take home test that has to be turned in by 5PM Thursday (or postmarked Thursday)...a final Wednesday, and the last one Thursday. I finished the take home Sunday night/Monday morning...around 1:30AM...I have to read over it tonight to make sure the incoherence of 1:30AM doesn't shine through in any of my answers, but then I'll be done with that one!

Work has been rather hectic...We had a girl leave our department (she got a promotion - yay for her, but boo for us)...and we've all had to take on what she did (and she did a LOT)...until they hire someone...the new girl started yesterday, so YAY...things should get "better"...but I don't expect a "slow down" until after the Wireless/Wireline split.

I've gotten in touch with some old friends from the HS days...a guy friend that I was able to track down...still waiting on some updates from him...but he's been in finals as well, so I'll pester more next week. And a girlfriend (our class president), who I haven't talked to...gosh...possibly since graduation! I got an e-mail address for her, so I was able to contact her...that was kinda fun...I still doubt I'll be going to the Reunion, but it was nice to hear what's been going on with her!

A guy friend of mine announced yesterday that he's getting married...yay for him! I can't wait to meet his bride-to-be! He lives in Nebraska, and met her there, so I've never seen her...well except for a picture he sent yesterday. Not what I pictured in my head...but she's very pretty, and if she's as nice as he says she is, then they should have many years of happiness together!

Ok - I've caught you up in about 15 minutes...now I've still got 15 minutes, but I don't have much else to say...

Guess I'll go potty before class started (yes - you needed to know that)...run spell check, and then it should be time (we all know I can't spell worth a flip!).

Can't wait to see you (if I know you)...I miss my peoples...will begin making trips and such soon!

Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad GIRL! Do I need to get you a PDA so you can have reminders to go to FINALS!? Actually, I'd just get me a new one and give you my old one.

G

Anonymous said...

miss you too! I hope you did well on your finals, I'm sure you did. What's the saying, if you didn't know it before you crammed, then you probably won't get it, or something along those lines? you probably knew more than you thought you did.

yay for summer!

Bec