Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's summer finally!!!

Ok - I know technically it's been summer for like 2 months or so...but I've finally got a break from school for a month, so it can really feel like summer!! woo hoo!

This weekend I'm going to see the parental units...next weekend going to Funroe to see the friends...that's as far as I have planned...probably about all the traveling we'll get done (as far as I can tell) before school starts back...then the end of September we're going to Nebraska to see a friend get married.

Ok - gotta vent a little...how hard is it for someone to say thank you for you doing something for them...don't get me wrong - I'm the worlds worst at hand writing a thank you note and getting it in the mail...I'm talking a verbal thank you...or an e-mail...*sigh*...I don't do things for people to get a thank you...but to be "ignored" when you send something to someone...argh and it was the SECOND TIME!! Here's the story...my old boss came and asked me a legal question(she came and found me in person and asked me to find out something for her)...sounded interesting, I told her I'd see what I could find, but no promises....I spent a couple hours looking for the information for her over the next couple of days...sent her an e-mail (about a week after her asking)...with the information I found...it wasn't conclusive, because I couldn't find anywhere where Arkansas had handled that situation before...but told her about the "close" cases...spent some time on it...and told her that I'd done quite a bit of looking...I put a read receipt on it...and saw where she read it...and got NOTHING from her back...all I'm wanting is a "thanks for your time" kinda thing...is that too hard?!? She came to me because she knew it'd be free information...told me that...don't want to have to pay a retainer for an attorney...so you aren't going to pay me - that's fine - I'm not a lawyer yet...but at least say thank you!! (the other time was much more minor, but still irritating...she got a job change...not a promotion, just a change, but she'd been wanting one...I sent her an e-mail saying congrats I know you've been wanting a change...read receipt...and NOTHING...*sigh*)... Maybe I expect too much...I expect people to do what I would do...cause I don't think it's going out of the way to shoot an e-mail back (click reply, hit 9 keys "t-h-a-n-k- -y-o-u", click send)...

Ok - I feel better - got that venting out...(and you got something new to read - 2 birds one stone!)

Better get back to work - after taking off 2 days this week...I've got plenty to get done before the week's out (TOMORROW!) yikes!
LAMY!

No comments: