Thursday, February 24, 2005

gentlemen....

I must say - I was extremely happy today...on my way to take my nap at lunch...I got on the elevator...only 1 other person on the elevator, and they were getting off on 2...on the way down about 6 other guys got on, and they were going to 1 also...we got to the bottom, and I was the ONLY female left on the elevator and the guys tripped over themselves almost trying to get out of my way, so I could be the first one off the elevator...and not tripped out of the elevator...they were moving further back in the elevator (I was in the back since I got on first), to make sure I could get off...it was just really nice...so often these days women get offended by males being gentlemen, but I still like it (and not just because it means I get to go first - just because it means there are still gentlement in the world)...there have been a few times at work where men weren't gentlemen with regards to the elevator, but today they were, and it made me smile...I guess it was even nicer because they were "manly men"...tall with broad shoulders...would have made 2 of me (but not in a fat sort of way)...

I'm in class right now...I got to work this morning and had to hurry and get my thoughts together because I had a 9:00 meeting with my supervisor and manager...just reviewing recons to see if we had any problems, but usually I'm not awake by 9:00...I'm sitting at my desk, working, but not awake!

Class tonight (right now) is Property Law...and it's going pretty well...I was a little worried about how much I had read for tonight, but she spent the first hour of a 90 minute class talking about something we weren't supposed to read (she was giving an overview, so we'd have a clue about it in the future), and then we had a break, which we still are on...and we get out at 7:30, so my 10 pages have turned out to be more than enough...also one of my class mates is talking to her, so I don't think she's realized we've had about a 15 minute break...when it was supposed to be about 7...

Well class has started - 16 minutes left of class, and she's gotta introduce the new material...woo hoo...

Next is Civil Procedure (how to file a lawsuit, and the rules that go with it...might type more then...

Bye for now...

1 comment:

Wmike said...

That's really cool! I try to do the same thing (especially easy to remember in situations like an elevator). I've even given up the last bit of coffee or the last available seat in a room. Chivalry of a sort, I suppose. But, like you say, some women take it as chauvinism or some sort of gesture of inequality. Mom never tried to interpret it when she taught it to me-- She just called it "good manners."