Friday, February 04, 2005

Gripe Session

I'm starting to get a little irritated with Kay's Jewelry store...that's who we got my wedding ring set from...we paid for their little service agreement (it was like $80 extra)...where you have to get the stone inspected every 6 months, and they'll replace it should anything happen to it...after we got married, I had my rings soldered together, and asked them to do the inspection then (it had been 6 months)...they told me they did...but they didn't bother to update their computer, so they think I'm lying when I said it was inspected in July...and of course there's a problem with one of the stones...one of the bagetts is chipped(granted it's a diamond, so it shouldn't be chipped)...from when I say it was inspected last, I was 2 weeks late getting it inspected when I had the problem...so now they don't know if they'll cover it under the service agreement that we paid for... While I'm a stickler for rules and such, and I know the 2 weeks is my fault, it irritates me that they are acting like I'm a liar, and haven't ever had it inspected. We've bought all our jewelry from them (my husband's ring and my Tanzanite ring), since we got engaged, because they've been so good to us...now I'm ready to go somewhere else, for everything...Another problem...my husband lost his wedding ring when we were in NYC (which we got from there)...I had thought about replacing it for him for Valentine's day...which I know is in 10 days, so I couldn't get it engraved again, but I could at least have it for him by then...Now I've got to see if somewhere else has the same type ring cause I don't know that I want to spend another $100ish there...it's more of a hassle that I don't want!

Ok - I'm through griping for now...I feel better...I think I might like blogging afterall...granted I don't know who'll wanna come read my ranting... WOW - now my husband won't HAVE to listen to me gripe. He can read it if he wants after I've cooled down, or he can not read it if he doesn't want to...I still get to vent, and he doesn't have to listen...cool!

It's kinda funny - that first "paragraph" was one LONG run on sentence just about...oh well...it's MY little spot, I don't have to watch grammar (much)...And I don't think in "real sentences"...it's more of a stream of consciousness...

Ok - I feel better...back to work for now...

1 comment:

Wmike said...

I feel ya, sister! You ought to see if you can leverage them with the purchase of a new ring. Play their game, so to speak. Maybe they'll feel a bit more lenient if the decision to purchase yet another expensive item of jewelry depends upon their level of service now.

Then again-- I bet you're not really one for playing games with that kind of investment. I'm not, either... but the option is there.