Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Wednesday

Well Spring Break is about half over...that's sad! Work has been CRAZY this week - so it's a good thing I was on Spring Break. Apparently "they" (not sure who "they" are) want to write off 32 million dollars, and the VP (I report to a supervisor, who reports to a manager, who reports to a director, who reports to the VP mentioned here) is wanting to review ALL the Cash accounts before he gives the blessings. It's understandable that he wants to look at them, and that he's wanting to start with the "big" accounts. Guess who reconciles the "big accounts"? You guessed it - ME! So I've been busting my tail to have something done this week, so hopefully we won't have to come in Sunday when he's wanting to go over them! YIKES! We've almost gotten it done, and I've put in quite a few hours getting my part done, so I haven't gotten to "play" much for my Spring break...haven't had time to type on my blog about the weekend for goodness sakes!

This weekend was great! My sweet wonderful husband and I took off Friday! YAY! We stayed up late on Thursday for some unknown reason (I'm still not sure why we did that...? - and no it wasn't for marital relations either - I know y'alls dirty minds!). We slept late on Friday morning - YAY! I LOVE sleeping in! I wish I had a job where I went in at like 10AM everyday, but I wouldn't want to work as late as that would require! We got up and packed, loaded up, and left by 11. Got "fancy coffee" on the way out of town. We headed towards Branson. My sweet wonderful husband was really wanting to go to Cosmic Cavern after he saw a special on TV about it, so we figured we'd go do that on Saturday. On the way to Branson we saw the sign for "Hurricane River Cave," and I suggested we stop. We weren't on a schedule, so there was no hurry. It was COOL - it was the first time I'd been in a cave, and I really enjoyed it. Fortunately we were the only ones there, so it was just the 2 of us and the guide. At one point in the tour when we were in one of the "big rooms" of the cave, the guide turned out the lights to show us what it was like in the dark - WOW - it gave me an inkling of what Hell is like because I couldn't see ANYTHING! Once we left there we went on to Branson, and got a room at the hotel my parent-in-laws stay at, and then went to find some food. We went to the Toy Museum Friday night also, and that was kinda neat. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't what I was expecting if that makes any sense. The people were really nice, and there was Christian music played throughout the museum, so that was cool too. Saturday we got up and went to Cosmic Cavern, and I was just as excited as he was at this point. While it was cool, I think I liked Hurricane better...At Cosmic we had one other couple and the guides, so it wasn't as crowded as the group ahead of us (they had like 15 people), so it was nice. The main noticeable difference in the 2 caves was Cosmic has had more "destruction" than the other cave...the stalactites (sp?) were all broken and stuff. It was a bigger cave, but it wasn't till we got to the back of it that we got to see some of the neater things, that weren't destroyed. We headed back to the hotel, and crashed for a nap, and then went to eat at Landry's (YUMM!!!!!!!) and played indoor miniature golf. Sunday we got up and tried to shop a little, but most things didn't open till noon, so we went driving around and stumbled upon a trout hatchery by the Lake. That was kinda neat too, they had little bitty fish, and some really big fish and you could feed them like at the zoo (and it was free - not the food - that was a quarter, but "entrance" was free). Then we headed back in the rain. It was a VERY relaxing weekend - and I needed it!

I'll try to post some pictures from the weekend a little later, I need to get a little homework done, as the week is half over, and I was going to take the time to get all caught up, and I haven't cracked a book yet! YIKES!

I'm supposed to hear from some Monroe friends (who are here visiting family), and we're supposed to do dinner or games or something...not sure when that's gonna happen though, the week is half over, and I haven't heard from them yet...? I'd call, but I don't have their cell number...oh well...we'll just go about life, and when/if they call we'll go meet them.

Off to study for a bit!

No comments: