Thursday, March 24, 2005

wow...

well - I promised one of my friends I'd give her something to read this afternoon...so here goes. I think it's kinda funny because I harass several of my friends that have blogs and don't update them very regularly. I'm have a decent excuse this time though - didn't work Friday for getting ready to go out of town...was in Monroe all weekend with family, as we all leaned on each other as we said good bye for now to mamaw. It makes it SO much easier knowing #1 she's not suffering anymore, and #2 that she's with Jesus now! She's the first family member I've lost that I can say with as much certainty as a person can have, that she was saved! Several of her family members went on before her, so I know she's enjoying that reunion right now. I'm hoping she can't see us down here though because I know it would bother her immensely to see what's going on with her children. I think she was able to finally let go and go home to be with Jesus after seeing her kids "play well together" for several days. She loved listening to them laugh and cut up, and they did that up until she passed away. They behaved until Sunday, and then it all ended.

One thing that I learned was how blessed I am! I got the call that it was all over, and I still had several people that I had to call...people that cared because it was my grandmother. And at the funeral home the only time I wasn't visiting with my friends was during the "family time." Almost immediately after family time was over I had friends there, all the way up until I went to pick up my brother from the air port. These people meant so much to me, they were there when I was down, and made sure we spent the time laughing and visiting and such. I just felt so blessed!

In other news, my favorite red head found out what she was having........a puppy!....ok...I'm just kidding...she's having a little girl! She said they are 90% sure, but that's pretty much because the doctors can't "guarantee" with a girl because there's nothing to "see"...she said they did get lots of looks at the leg area, and there were only 2! ;-)

I'm excited - today's my Friday!!! I'm off tomorrow, and me and my sweet wonderful husband are off to play! I can't wait! We haven't decided for 100% sure where we're going, but it won't be in Little Rock, and it'll just be the 2 of us, so it'll be LOTS of fun! Not that I don't have fun with people, but we both just need a few days away! The last couple weeks have been extremely stressful, and some of that's gone, and next week is Spring Break, so we don't have to worry about getting homework done over the weekend! I'm hoping next week during the week we'll get to get a lot of studying done, as it won't be too much longer till finals are upon us! (4 weeks!) But we'll enjoy the week, and it'll help remind us what we have to look forward to this summer!!!

In other good news...the guy that my sweet wonderful husband doesn't get along with so well at work...they compete to much to get along, and the guy is like 22, and thinks drinking is where all the fun is at...anyway...he's going to nights...they are about to start a "night shift," and the other guy will be "in charge" of the night crew, and my sweet wonderful husband will still be on days! That should make his job SO much more stress free!

Ok - I better get this posted, as I told someone they could read it at 1, and it's 1:06, and I still have to spell check!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! a girl! e were needing another girl around. i just found out about 10min ago that an acquaintance of mine just had a baby boy today.... after being told that it was a girl. Pink stuff, name picked out (and engraved on things) everything... and it's a boy. hehe. looks like she gets to go shopping again. heh!

Raleigh said...

yay! a girl! :-) I hope you guys have fun this weekend! See you next week sometime :-)