Tuesday, March 08, 2005

wow.....

How sad....I realized I hadn't posted at all yesterday! I know all my faithful readers were very disappointed! LOL! I guess I can give you a treat then...I'll post a new picture of Odie...



he got a new outfit this past weekend. I had some friends visiting from out of town that went to Build-a-bear, and I was IN the store...how do you resist buying such cute clothing when you are IN the store...I couldn't ...so I bought some...hehehe...my sweet wonderful husband is beginning to complain that this is the Valentine's day present that keeps on giving! hehehe

We had a WONDERFUL time this weekend with our company! Need more company...so who's next?!? We went to The Old Mill on Saturday afternoons...of course we had WONDERFUL weather this weekend...and took lots of pictures...I'll try to post one of my sweet wonderful husband and I later tonight...well...so you don't get too disappointed it'll be up by the weekend?...hehehe...don't wanna be a liar!...I don't want to post any of the pictures of the friends because I don't have their permission, and they might not like themselves online - I dunno... Then on Sunday we overslept, so we were heatherns and didn't go to church...once we were all up and dressed we had lunch at Tia's YUM! Then decided since the weather was still beautiful we'd go to the zoo. It was SOOOO much fun...the whole weekend...it was a stressfree weekend, and I don't get those very often...so someone else needs to come up and give me another one soon...

A sorta sad note...my mamaw isn't doing so well...the hospice nurse has said we are looking at a week to 2 weeks at the most...and that's pushing it...I'm pretty much ok with it because mamaw told my mom last week that she was tired (and not in the "sleepy" sense). I will miss her terribly when the time comes...but have tons of fond memories, and I know she's saved, so I'll see her again. She's lived a full life, so I'm ok with her getting to meet Jesus real soon! Please pray for the family though - 8 kids are about to lose their mother, and all 8 spouses are about to lose their mother (she's been like a mom to all of the spouses too)...and I can't count the number of grand kids and great grandkids! wow!

Well - 2 families of friends have bought tickets to go to NYC in the next couple of months...could I BE more jealous?!? hehehe I'm glad they'll get to experience it, and I have been 3 times already, but...whine...I wanna go again...! I'll have to discuss it with my husband, and see what we can work out for our "next" trip up that way...

Got a question to generate comments...and I have it where anyone can comment...so feel free...you don't have to be a member of blogger to comment(but inappropriate stuff will be deleted)...The question...what are your thoughts on "Covenant Marriages"? Our church is doing a big push for people who's marriages aren't "Covenant Marriage" to change them...My sweet wonderful husband and I don't have one, so it's been a hot topic around our house...and the verdict is still out on what we will do, but I'm wanting feedback from the readers....I did discuss it with the house guests this weekend, so they know what my thoughts are, but I'm not wanting to share that yet....will do it later this week...I want to hear from you for now...

Bye for now...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

well... you know what one of their thoughts were. hehe. as i was on the phone for the hour and a half you two were talking.

he and i have a covenant marriage. we like the idea. we like the image it portrayed. we like the example of how committed we are to our marriage. we viewed it accompanying the covenant we were making with God. it went along with our vows. our vows were actually a bit stronger than the license.

your brother made to us, not long before our marriage, pretty much the same comment that you had the other night. something along the lines of; we're in it for life, so what difference could it make.

i agree. but most people believe that they are in it for life. i'm one of those people. the counseling before the wedding was a prerequisite of the pastor, but if one of us reach some point of insanity, i like the thought that we would have to seek counseling before even considering divorce. i joked with my husband before signing the application for marriage at the notary "i have two years to talk you out of leaving me."

you two are strong christians. you two are "in it for the long haul."

i don't see any need for you to change a piece of paper to extend a separation and throw in some more counseling to prove anything.

Angella214 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.