Thursday, May 05, 2005

memories...

Ya know how we have those moments in our life that we can remember so vividly even years after they've happened....it's like it happened just yesterday? On my way to work one of those moments were brought to mind, and made me wanna cry....cause it made me miss "my peoples"... The Christian radio station here had Michael W. Smith on the show this morning, and they were playing lots of his songs... They played one of his songs that I'm not 100% sure of the title but it starts like this...."Here's where the road divides...here's where we realize, that the path he chose for me, is not the path he chose for you..." It goes on talking about how much we care about each other, but we have to go separate ways. It brought to my mind the night I left purple cow all alone.....my friends that had helped me move in were headed back to their hometown.....my brother and sis-in-law were settling in to married life a bajillion miles away...and we were all coping with the fact that we wouldn't be able to be together all the time like in the past. I cried on the way back to my apartment, as I was all alone in a new city where I knew no one (granted a friend would be moving their the next day, but that night I was alone). The apartment was very quiet when I walked in...only boxes waiting to be unpacked waited for me. That's the group of images that came to mind, and it made me want to cry all over again (yes I'm hormonal right now, so that's part of it - I'm not usually so weepy). I thought about where this path has lead me...and how blessed I really am! The song continued "pray that we will keep the common ground".... which of course made me think of how much we have kept in contact...and how great it is when we get to spend time together (almost) like old times. It also made me want to see everyone again...but must wait until finals are over!

Ok - on to something different....

14 days till vacation!!! I can't wait! I'm ready to get away from work for a bit, just for a break, and I'm more than ready for school to be over! And of course I'm looking forward to going out west...the only "concern" is that we are going in my mother-in-law's Hyundai Elantra...The 4 of us and our luggage for a week of varying weather conditions. We'll manage I'm sure, and it'll be fun...but I drive an Elantra, and I'm trying to put the puzzle together...and it's big pieces, and a small car to put them in!

I'm tiiiired today! I was up till midnight at a friend's house working on an outline for our exam that's next Wednesday! And we only finished about 1/3rd of it...we'll start back tonight right after work...speaking of work...I probably ought to get back to it since it is day 4 of close.

Bye bye for now....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't read stuff like this when I'm hormonal! We're missing you, too! It's been too long since we got together. Once a month or so is a better time frame, maybe we'll be able to work on that when you get back from vacation!

Raleigh said...

The song goes on to say that "A lifetime's not too long, to live as friends. " I'd definantly have to agree with that! I miss you too!