Sunday, June 05, 2005

Anniversary!

Wow - it's been a whole year....and at the same time...it's ONLY been a year... It's funny how time does that. It seems like I've been married to my sweet wonderful husband forever...we know each other so well already, and love each other so much that it seems like it should have been many years ago that we got married. But at the same time the memories of our beautiful wedding seem like they were just yesterday....ok not just yesterday, but not a year ago either!

I was told before I ever met my sweet wonderful husband, that when you are married to someone you fall more in love with them everyday. When I married my husband, I didn't think that was possible...I just loved him so much...I didn't think it was possible to love another human being as much as I loved him...but it's true...I do love him more today than I did yesterday, and way more than I did when I married him a year ago! The LORD has truly blessed me with a WONDERFUL husband! I pray that when we celebrate our 10th...20th...50th wedding anniversary that we continue to grow closer and more in love with each new day. I've seen so many couples grow apart...if you're married...hug your spouse extra tight tonight, and love them more tomorrow morning than you did tonight...and I'll do the same!

My sweet wonderful husband and I went away this weekend...it was great! It started out a little rocky as he was tired from all the going last week, but when we got there, and saw the cabin, and got settled in, he was happy we went as well! It was BEAUTIFUL! And peaceful....it was just great...I won't promise pictures anytime soon, as you see how well I've posted pics from out west, but if you're part of the group of people I'll see this weekend, I'll show ya pics then! I think it's a great romantic spot as well as being roomy enough to do a "group" function...there was a master bedroom with a queen/full sized bed, a futon in the "living area" that was a queen/full, the loft had a futon just like the living room, as well as another bed (can't remember the size, but I think it was a queen/full) - we didn't hang out in the loft, so it didn't stand out. It had a fully stocked (with appliances, not food) kitchen...a gas grill out back... a critter feeder out back (we saw like 5 or 6 deer the first night)....it was close enough that we drove to Mystic Caverns on Saturday, and went to Eureka Springs as well... We forgot to bring the 1 year old cake with us, so we went by my mother-in-law's after church tonight, and got it...it was freezer burnt...ick...we cut into it and ate a bite or 2 from the middle, and that wasn't too bad...it was kinda sad because the icing was the best part of the cake! Oh well, we know I didn't ruin the diet with the top of the cake! LOL!

Ok....getting off here for now...just wanted my anniversary post to be ON my anniversary...time to go spend the last hour of our anniversary with my husband *wink* *wink*....

1 comment:

Raleigh said...

Happy Anniversary y'all!
I"m so glad that you guys had a good weekend:-)