Friday, July 15, 2005

don't wanna...

I don't wanna work...so I'm taking a break...I've worked really hard almost ALL week...very little "playing" at work this week, but today I need a break! :-)

I've been listening to Beauty & The Beast Broadway Soundtrack! YAY! I've been wanting it since I got back from NYC the first time, and had seen it on Broadway! The music is fabulous! It's making me miss the good 'ole band nerd days! *sigh*

This week has been a week of blasts from the past! It's been kinda weird. I have a college friend who got married I think it was last summer (after me) and moved to Oklahoma where her husband took a job as youth pastor there...I forwarded her something, and she e-mailed back a nice long e-mail about what's going on in her life. Also my best friend from my high school days (a guy) is apparently back in Alex, and got in touch with my parents...I haven't had a chance to call him yet, but I intend to. At first my sweet wonderful husband wasn't too cool with the idea of me calling another guy, but I told him I'd talk to him in front of him (nothing to hide), and even invite him up, so they can meet! It's weird that they haven't met yet, but I lost track of the Alex guy, so I couldn't do anything. I tried to invite him to our wedding, but after 3 calls to his parents house to try to get an address, all while going to school...it just didn't happen!

We went looking at houses again last night...I think we're going to make an offer on one of the 2 we looked at last night. It was the 2nd time we went to look at it, and we both really like it...the biggest noticeable problem (with a close look) is that the carpet in the living room and dining room needs to be replaced and we're leaning towards the wood lamanent with a big area rug. I don't like carpet everywhere because it's so bad for allergies, but my husband doesn't want just hard floors, so an area rug is a compromise.

Oh to make a certain friend jealous - I'm having "Tommy-toes" for a snack! YUM!! and I have more at home...got 2 FULL ziplock bags from my father-in-law, and I'm still working on them.

This weekend my sweet wonderful husband and I are going to go fishing...YAY! I'm excited, and I KNOW he is too...as soon as I suggested it, he started planning for it (he's such a planner and I'm so not!), but it was non-stop chatter about it. To avoid the problems with the "family" boat, we're just going to rent one when we get where we're going. He said it'd only cost like $25 and that's worth it not to have the issues!

Well - I think I might have run outta things for now...better get back to work...
Bye for now - have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: