Tuesday, July 12, 2005

once a week...?

Ok so it's looking like I"m gonna post about once a week...who knows...I'll post when I have time, or don't feel like working. This is one of the "don't feel like working" times, so this might not be all that long...we'll see!

Well we didn't get the house we had made an offer on...there's something strange with the whole thing, so we're ok with being done with it, and moving on. We've got a few others we want to look at...one we've looked at before, but we're gonna go back and look at again (as the price has gone down)

We went to the mortgage company for pre-approval Friday...that was rather uneventful, except the guy we had talked to about pre-qualification (that we thought was extremely strange), was there...it was a little awkward, but either he didn't wanna talk to us, or he didn't remember, so it wasn't a big deal... Then we headed out to Funroe right after. We got there around 9ish, and I went to help get everything ready for the baby shower. It turned out really good (in my personal opinion - which is of course the main one that counts) granted the mommy-to-be said she enjoyed it too, so I think it's safe to say it was a good shower! Then we had the men come in and eat some of the left over food. Then the men went shopping, and the women stayed "home" and chatted, and ended up watching "Tarzan." I had never seen the Disney version of that, so I really enjoyed it. Granted it was put on for one of the almost 3 year olds to watch. When the men got home we teased them about shopping like a bunch of old women...LOL...they started out planning to go to the sporting goods stores, and ended up at Lifeway. We went to eat Vietnamese food for dinner before we left town...it was ok...not my favorite...but not the worst thing I've ever eaten either. Then headed outta town. We got home late! We intended to get up in time for church Sunday, but the long weekend got to us, and we didn't get up till noon! So we took our time getting ready, grabbed some lunch, and headed out to house hunt. Ended up missing evening service too (I know we're a bunch of heathens), and had dinner with A&M at the Bistro.

Yesterday was my now 9 year old nephew's birthday party. It was at Chuck E Cheese across the highway from us. We couldn't come up with what to get him, so we got him a gift card to Wally so he could go pick something out himself! He was happy with that! We played the games and such - it was fun! The last time we were there was for the same nephew's 7th b'day party! It's fun to pretend to be a kid again! I hated that his mother couldn't be at the party...apparently she was sick again...this is the 2nd of his birthday party's she's missed (she missed last years too).

My sweet wonderful husband is on overtime again...*sigh*...We both like the extra money he gets, but him getting up so early...and he of course can't just get up...he's gotta "snuggle" (read pester if I'm still asleep) with me before he gets up. I don't get irritated because I know he's just trying to be sweet, but I'm tired because of it. Oh well - hopefully it won't be too much longer now. The guy he works with that he can't seem to get along with told them yesterday that he's quitting...Yay! Actually it's a good thing both for him and for the company they work for. It seems this guy has the worst production scores, and just flat out doesn't do things that he should! And he's gotten a job as a fire-fighter, which is what he wants to be when he grows up. The main reason I think he's still had a job at the company they work for, is because he's the owner's nephew! So it appears that my sweet wonderful husband might actually like his job again! We'll see though!

Ok well I've wasted enough time, and I'm about outta things to say (for now), so I'd better get back to work...
later!.....

edit: apparently I can't type today either... ;-)

No comments: