Monday, August 22, 2005

ok...back to the grind...

*sigh*...I didn't want to get up and come to work this morning! I've gone just over a week without an alarm clock, and to have to get up to one today...well...it stunk! And I have to go to class tonight as well... I was up late last night reading my assignment for tonight...that professor didn't post the assignment on the web (something I find funny since it's Computer Law!) I finished the reading, but it was painfully boring for the most part...it was "this is e-mail"..."this is the internet"..."this is how the internet got started"....blah! I knew most of it, but just as soon as I would have skipped a part, there'd have been something I didn't know! Oh well...it's done! Class tonight starts at 7...which is good, cause that means I'll have time to read some for tomorrow's class...I've got 2 classes on Tuesday and Thursday, so I've got quite a bit more reading to do than last night. I brought the longer reading assignment to read tonight, which is also the first class tomorrow night...it's Federal Income Tax...woo hoo! Then I have to read about 25 pages of Business Associations (I think this one is just intro stuff too).

Ok - enough about school...I was complaining last night about not wanting to go back to school today...and he was being supportive saying "you're almost done"...I smarted off that I've got as much left to do as I've already done! It was funny cause it took him off guard. Don't get me wrong...I love school, and I want to finish, and I like "most" of the subject matter...I'm just not ready for summer to be over...I enjoy getting to come home right after work to my sweet wonderful husband, and us getting to do whatever we want! :-) Ok - and I'm doing well at getting off the school subject aren't I! LOL!

Ok - for real now...off school...I had fun in Vegas last week...I'm glad to be home though...I did miss my sweet wonderful husband! (& I think even daddy can attest to the fact that he missed me too! LOL!) I did TONS of walking...my tootsies were tiiiiired! But it was neat to see it all. It was kinda depressing to see how much things really cost to the person who sells it retail to us...if only I needed 192 of the exact same watch, bracelet, purse, chair, etc! LOL! While we were doing the tourist-ey stuff we found another trade show, so that was cool...if I wouldn't have gone, then daddy probably wouldn't have found out about it cause it was in one of the hotels, that he wouldn't have gone back to if he were alone. Heck...after we saw the sign, we were both sitting down, and he was going to just look it up online later. I pushed for us to go see...it wasn't that much further to walk...so we did, and found the supplier for one of the items we(daddy) bought to try (a new product). I think that was the thing that made me feel like I contributed to the trip!

It was also fun to visit with daddy...we had lots of time to scheme against mom! LOL - just kidding - (wanting to see how closely ya read mom!). In a weeks time with you and just one other person there's lots of time to talk...(when my husband wasn't calling cause he missed me). :-) I netted about $40 winnings...roughly. I played the penny slots with $1 and won $5....another day played the nickel slots with $1 and won $11...another day played the nickel slots with $1 and won roughly $7ish...but that one spit out coins not a ticket to cash, so daddy & I played off of that for about an hour or so (till it was gone)...then My sweet wonderful husband insisted I play the dollar slots...so I stuck $5 in that, and won $60...Wednesday night we went to play bingo, and I paid for the first round (roughly $20), and daddy won $38...enough for dinner, and the 2nd round of bingo...it was fun...but we didn't win our millions! Granted we did get to keep (cause we paid for them) our dab-o-ink bingo daubers!! LOL!

Ok - been out for a week - I better get back to work - have tons to do, and a little over a week to get it all done in!
Ta-ta for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes missy I do read your blog. I look daily but you usually don't post that often. ... and I'm just not worried about you plotting against me with your dad:). love you girl